Author Topic: What mental disorders would you develop during a zombie apocalypse?  (Read 1637 times)

FleshEatingZombie

• Hunter of Zombies
    • View Profile
    • Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Living in an undead world will cause trauma to most people and the longer one lives alone the more likely they are to develop types of mental disorders. As time goes on, the death toll rises, and the undead slowly take over... which disorders do you believe that you, yourself, are most susceptible to?

I personally believe I would be most likely to develop schizophrenia. I tend to enjoy being around people most of the time and I feel like being stuck in a safe house alone would eventually lead me to living in my head and becoming more imaginative than I already am. And I feel that after that I would find myself projecting these imaginary characters into real life and having verbal conversations with something I perceive to exist out of loneliness.

Cross Stitched Zombie

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
Re: What mental disorders would you develop during a zombie apocalypse?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »
I think I would wind up as ocd as the kid in Zombieland. Paranoia definitely even though they really are out to get you. Hoarding would become a survival trait. 
Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

DeadFred

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »
I feel like i would become a very violent and clean person so i think that would have to be ocd. Along with that i would probably end up going crazy with schizophrenia. I couldn't be in a house all day though, so i would then become very adventurous because in reality i cant be home all day so I would  end up getting cornered and mauled by zombies...

LadyBelle

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:25:31 PM »
Deep paranoia. That's what it would take to stay alive. If my family was killed, then depression would set in and might just give up.

Fijiman

• Global Moderator
  • Lv. 20 potato-mancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
I'd probably end up with most of the things already mentioned, but I'd probably also end up being a lot more violent then I normally am and stop caring about a lot of things. About eight years of stress buildup plus perfect excuse to beat the crap out of someone equals instant stress relief. :)

Also, knowing how to make simple flamethrowers doesn't help contain my inner pyromaniac.
I came, I fragged, then I got fragged.

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:09:54 PM »
Of all the various types of people who would do the best mentally during the zombpocalypse it would be us nerds.

Think about it.
  • We're comfortable with solitude (Mom's basement can be a life saver)
  • We spend huge amounts of time playing zombie killing simulators (video games)
  • Stomachs distended with a healthy layer of life preserving fat (Better to survive the lean times)
  • Used to foraging for food (I found cheetos in the folds of my couch... it was awesome)

With all these benefits going for us I imagine we'll handle the collapse of civilization much better than other more well adjusted people.

Skife

• Global Moderator
  • Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:11:13 PM »
Oh man... carter you really hit the nail on the head with that one. *sniffle* every single one of those points applies to me. While agree that we nerds are most likely to be able to outlast zombies in sense I doubt tv and games have desensitized us nerds to the point that we could beat in our undead families heads in.  Not to mention running away from those zombies and killing them would be a strain in itself. I know I'd never be able to continuously out run the tiredless dead. Me... Id first become paranoid and go into a hysteric panic despite my ingenious zombie survival plan. I'd probably be a screaming crying mess when the attack really began. If I survived that I'd most likely become paranoid always looking over my shoulder and jumping at everything. This would also help develop the insomnia I am sure to suffer. I hardly sleep as it is if I were to add the stress of an apocalyptic zombie survival senerio it would only become worse. Ah and hoarding! I would become a horder stalking up on weapons and food and just about any other little piece of something that makes me feel either save or prepared in some sense.

Fortunately I am not worried about this in the least. I know that I will be driven insane from reading too many nasty books and dreaming of how the world is really going to end when the stars align. Cthulhu fhatagn.

zoxzix

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:11:37 AM »
i reckon my matches and knives would come in handy, nut mainly the high fence around my garden, although great big windows is a minus, plus i have a front and back garden, so id catch some zombie dogs and teach em to attack only the dead or at least not me, and put them in my garden, then id go to the town, find a generator in a hospital or army base, nick it, steal loads of fuel, so i can power things, plus i have a wind up torch you can plug phones into, and a phone that picks up walkie talkie signals, so i get survivors and stuff, grow stuff in my garden, join up the walls of the houses, join up the gardens, and spread the clean zone, blocking the street into part of the houses, and, if i get far enough, maybe the school cos big field and kitchens, lots of doors,
that or break down and cry

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
Skife, it depends on how your relationship with your family is on whether or not you can deliver the smackdown to their undead heads (Hey I rhymed)

Me personally, I am shielded by my low grade Narcissism, Megalomania, and that fact that I get distracted by shiny objects.  Any qualms I may have about crushing Grandma's skull will quickly be dispelled by....... Ooooh Squirrel!!!

Hecter

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 05:44:42 AM »
Paranoia and germ phobias I think would be the biggies... I'd be doubly worried about protecting my daughters. I'd abandon my home pretty damn quick and head for my sisters place. As my brother in law says "When the Zombie apocalyse happens get over here, We've got a special forces guy living down the block (cool guy) and a gun enthusiast (cool guy) who does shooting competitions each weekend, huge gun collection."
My response is OK so this is stop #1. Stop #2 is more north, but this would be a good staging area to do some raids in town... screw that forage for supplies crap.. it's a raid.

Skife

• Global Moderator
  • Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 08:47:01 AM »
Hoarding... yeah I would definitely become a hoarder and I would pile all my stuff around me in my attic as a protective maze of shit. I probably wouldnt even be killed zombies. My stuff would probably fall on me and squish me