Author Topic: If zombies are brain eaters... how do they populate?  (Read 1693 times)

FleshEatingZombie

• Hunter of Zombies
    • View Profile
    • Aqua Teen Hunger Force
If zombies are brain eaters... how do they populate?
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »
This has always been a question on my mind, about the idea that zombies eat brains. If a zombie ate your brain, you would not become a zombie... the brain would have been punctured and thus the zombie could not form. Where does the idea of zombies being only "brain eaters' come from and how did they explain how new zombies were formed?

My guess is just the movies, but still when something needs to be shot in the brain to be killed, and a bite infects and creates more... in no way should it eat the brains of its victims.

VGcatsfan

• Educated Braaainz
    • View Profile
Re: If zombies are brain eaters... how do they populate?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:32:07 PM »
That is a certain genre of zombie, one that doesn't see the brain as the control point. There are many types of zombie genres of zombie.

Skife

• Global Moderator
  • Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »
you actually see this more in the zombie films where the head shot does not a re-dead zombie make. There are a few zombie movies out there where even if you decapitated the head the zombie would still be coming at you. Most zombies films now a day the zombies seem intent on getting flesh not necessarily the brain... Another thing that you'll sometimes see in those films is that not every body gets up again only the ones that have not been completely torn apart thus still in possession of their brain

LadyBelle

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
I think it's an issue of if the brain is actually eaten or not. Many of the infected become so by a bite or in some cases a scratch. Perhaps the victims that are ripped to shreds or have the brain served tartar end up not coming back to life. Instead they just die a horrifying death. It's the ones that crawl away or otherwise escape brain drainage that turn.

This means not everyone becomes a zombie, but due to the fact food would eventually run out regardless, does it matter so much?

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »
The brain eating..... This question always comes up eventually.  I even made http://www.thezombienation.com/2011/09/08/more-brains-a-return-to-the-living-dead-trailer-2011-hd/ about it the other day.

The root of the brain eating zombies comes from "Return of the Living Dead"  I love that movie.  But those zombies are way different than your Romero zombies.

Some helpful Q/A about ROTLD

Q: Why do zombies eat brains?
A: To stop the pain of being dead… It hurts to be dead. Apparently brains are the ultimate pain killer. This is straight from the zombie’s mouth (Literally)

Q: But if they eat brains, won’t that keep more zombies from being created.
A: In “ROTLD” zombies are created by exposure to Trioxin 245 gas, not by being bitten by a zombie. Don’t worry it’s just Trioxin gas you have to worry about being exposed too… You can still eat that tasty bean burrito I know your craving right now…. mmmm burritos.

Q: Doesn’t a headshot kill a zombie?
A: Not a “ROTLD” zombie. It doesn’t do jack. Nothing less than complete destruction of the body will stop the zombie, however, this has the tragic side effect of releasing more Trioxin in the air and causing more zombies. Your pretty much screwed.

Q: But aren’t zombies slow and stupid?
A: Nope they’re pretty spry little buggers, they run, scream, have coherent conversations, and are capable of reasoning out how to kill you no matter where your hiding… And they are impossible to kill. Yeah! We’re still screwed.

zoxzix

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
read a great book, the zombies ate the brains and got their memories, and had zombie 'families' where they would adopt baby zombies, and this one zombie eats this girls boyfriend and fall in love with her

zoxzix

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:23:22 AM »
warm bodies, i just realised i found out about it from this site, loved the book, good read, hope they dont butcher the film, love how as the zombies become more human they speed up and get smarter, but as they become more inhuman the same thing happens

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
That's awesome, anything that breaks up the same old boring zombie cliches I'm all over.

zoxzix

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
yeah same, like i read one where zombies were basically immortal, not rotting, but they had to eat internal organs, liver heart kidneys and brain, to survive

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »
I get in arguments with zombie purists all the time. 

People get so stubborn about this, it has to be slow and stupid, basically....

"If it's not exactly how Romero did it then it's not a zombie."

The problem with that is that they have no idea what Romero zombies are actually capable of.

They use tools: Night/Land of the Dead
Speak and Salute: Day of the Dead
Can operate a car (sort of) and ride a horse: Survival of the dead (Also this movie was pure garbage)
Use weapons: Land/Survival/Dawn of the Dead

That's why I like anything that breaks up the "Monotony of the dead"... That would make a good movie title actually.

zoxzix

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 12:07:13 AM »
like how strong are zombies, does being a zombie make them stronger or weaker, their myths and legends, fiction, so what you think doesnt matter

zoxzix

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:21 AM »
like in prototype the infected, some look human but act crazy some turn into giant hunters with no eyes