Author Topic: Lovecraft Documentary  (Read 1018 times)

LadyBelle

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
Lovecraft Documentary
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:06:30 AM »
While not strictly zombie, I know how much everyone loves H.P. http://www.fearnet.com/news/holiday_shopping/b23754_gift_guide_lovecraft_fear_of_unknown_dvd.html

"...director Frank H. Woodward (The Splat Pack: A Wyrd Documentary) has put together what could be the definitive documentary on the horror pioneer. And Woodward's enlisted all the right people to offer their take on the man and his work, including disciples like John Carpenter, Guillermo Del Toro, Neil Gaiman, Stuart Gordon, and Ramsey Campbell; as well as historian S.T. Joshi, probably the leading Lovecraft expert in the world today. "

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
Re: Lovecraft Documentary
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »
That is also currently streaming on Netflix.  I just watched it a while back... it's pretty dang good.

I must possess it.

Skife

• Global Moderator
  • Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
*droools* I want it! Man I hate being a poor college student sometimes... ok most times. Those are some pretty impressive names attached to that documentary. Maybe if I am lucky fearnet will put it up on their channel for on demand and I can watch it there

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:20:46 AM »
Netflix.... Ten bucks a month.  I got rid of cable and this is all I have now.  Never looking back.  It's cheaper and fits my overly busy work schedule.

Skife

• Global Moderator
  • Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »
Ive been pushing my family to that but they are rather slow to move in the direction of progress

LadyBelle

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
We do the same at my house. No cable tele at all, we just stream netflix and for most television shows we watch online sites such as Hulu or Fastpass.

I didn't know this one was on Netflix, I think I just kind of assumed it was too new or too off the mainstream. It will be added to my queue.

ETA: Never mind. they only have it on DVD right now, not streaming. I dropped the home dvd delivery when they raised prices. Dangit. I'll just have to wait or find alternative source.

Zombiecarter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Zombie Nation
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
That sucks, it was streaming just a while ago.  I wonder why they do that?