True Tales of a Cartoonist: I Can’t Communicate
I don’t know a damned thing about sports. I don’t know the rules, I don’t know the teams, I don’t know jack. And I don’t want too. It’s just not my thing.
Sadly when I’m around my fellow “Males” and discussing our various manly endeavors I’m invariably at a loss when this subject comes up. To be honest it kind of ticks me off that I get looked down upon for my own geeky obsessions. I don’t see why other guy’s nerdy obsessions with sports is better than my nerdy obsession with fantasy and sci-fi.
This is where I share somewhat creepy amounts of myself. Don’t be too worried. I promise to wear pants this time.
Why I don’t like sports:
- I don’t want to do “The Wave” ever.
- A disturbing amount of ass slapping
- I don’t feel the slightest amount of vicarious thrills from watching people chase a ball
- Good hell it takes forever…… I….. Get… BOOOOOREEED. Come on! It’s the same game every time.
Why I love my Fantasy Obsession:
- Fighting with Manly swords and stuff. Way more manly than chasing a ball.
- Wenches (I love wenches)
- Lord of the Rings was awesome!
- Unlike sports it has a plot I can follow
- Necromancy: If it was real I’d do it. An army of loyal undead minions… Awesome. Till then I’ll have to be satisfied with turning my children into my minions.
- Dragons: Big flying lizards that breath fire and murder villages.
I feel the need to play Skyrim some more.