So like every other artist out there I have a delightful anxiety problem. Something I usually control with the wonder that is anti-anxiety meds. Problem is that those meds only work if you remember to take them. And every once in a while I forget.
And then comes the irrational fears, the crippling self doubt, and the madness. The sweet sweet madness! (Insert random insane laughter here)
Thankfully my glorious and ever so helpful brain is there to remind why I take them, and why I will never not take them. Because I hate staying in bed around the clock worrying if my head is too big, or if any random itching is a prelude to cancer. My head IS too big for my body, and if itching is indeed a prelude to cancer then I fear for the state of my nether regions.
And just to head off a few comments from well meaning people…..
- Nope sorry St. Johns Wart doesn’t work. Also worst name for a plant ever. Who does it’s PR.
- Tom Cruise is an idiot and meds are awesome. Why is that guy always running in his movies. He must Looooveeee Track and Field.
- Yes meds only treat the symptoms… Don’t want to know if there’s a deeper cause. Like maybe I was touched by a Panda bear in an untoward manner as a child. I’m good with no knowing that.
- Big fan of Western medicine here, I’m not meditating or drinking tea for noth’n. Drink coffee!!! LIKE A MAN! A very very twitchy nervous man.
- Bob’s “junk” is of comparable size. Don’t ask me how I know this. I did not acquire the knowledge legally, and now we can’t make eye contact with each other.
Nether Regions is a term that never fails to make me smile.