Everybody Draw Mohammed Day comes around again. Time for everyone who cares even a little bit about free speech to pick up a pen and draw Mohammad. Not because I have anything against Islam. I don’t. I don’t really care what people believe. Except when they try to impose their beliefs on others. And especially when they use fear to do it.
I still find it outrageous that people have been and will be killed for a cartoon. There is something deeply and fundamentally wrong with trying to impose your will on others through force. It doesn’t matter if your Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, or Atheist. This is madness that needs to be opposed.
So here’s what little I can do today. And even though it’s not much I’m drawing Mohammed again. And will continue to do so. Even if some lunatic zealot threatens to kill me for it.
You should too.
While we’re talking about NOT killing people for drawing Mohammed, here’s some other things you shouldn’t kill people for.
DON”T KILL PEOPLE FOR:
- Drawing Mohammed.
- Being a different color than you.
- Believing in a different magic man in the sky than you.
- For not believing in a magic man in the sky.
- Having sex with someone you think they shouldn’t have sex with.
- Daring to have a different opinion about (Fill in the blank) than you.
- Being born in a different part of the world than you.
- For using the bathroom.
- Listening to Nickleback (They are already suffering enough)
Now I’m not completely unreasonable. I do recognize that there might be actual reasons to kill somebody. And they are.
GOOD REASONS TO KILL PEOPLE:
- Not using your blinker to turn or change lanes.
- Because they think the Star Wars prequels were good. (No they were not, Goddamnit!)
- Because you are hungry. (People are made out of meat)
- Because they drank all the milk and put an empty container back in the fridge.
- Because they watch “Keeping up with the Kardaashians”
- They stunk up the company bathroom and didn’t wash their hands
- They are in front of me at Starbucks.
- They are in front of me at the gas station.
- They are in front of me at the theater.
- They are in front of me in traffic.
- They are in front of me at the grocery store.
- They have an unusually large head.